Sunday, April 25, 2010

Let it Shine on October

Happy Sunday everyone!  Jackie here with today's blog post - Spotlight Sunday.  Today we have the spotlight on one of Jennifer's customers - October (obumpus).  I hope you enjoy learning about her as much as I did!  


1.  Tell us your name and a little bit about yourself.  
Hi! My name is October, and no, my birthday is not in October! I've been married for nearly 7 years now, to a wonderful man named Fletcher. As he likes to say, we're the family of strange names. We don't have any 2-legged
children but hope that will be changing soon. We do have two 4-legged children, both dogs, and they are both extremely spoiled. You'll see them in a lot of my LO's! I adore anything Disney and am a self-proclaimed parkie. I hope to have my travel agent's license by this summer and plan to start my own Disney planning travel agency.

2.  How long have you been scrapping?  Were you a paper scrapper?  Are you still?  
I started paper scrapping about 8 years ago now, I guess. I've been a little sporadic in my projects due to not wanting to get addicted (I knew it would happen). In 2005 my DH and I took our first vacation together and went to Disney World. While there he "forced" me to purchase a bunch of paper scrapping supplies and I completed a HUGE Disney album when we got home. I first became interested in digi scrapping about 3 years ago but was slow to start. I got going full force about 2 years ago now I guess. Currently I use PSE7, but have CS3 on my computer, it just intimidates me. I need to take a class on it, or something because it has some features that rock! Now, due to lack of space, I only digi scrap but I still have all of my paper supplies. I still find something therapeutic about glue, scissors, glitter, ribbon and stickers so I doubt I'll ever fully go digi. I want to do hybrid, but for some reason it scares me, LOL!

3.  What gets you in the mood to scrap? 
Scrapping is a stress reliever for me. I love to be creative and scrapping gives me a perfect outlet. I'm a total template freak and more often than not my LO's start with one. You may not recognize the template
when I'm done with it, but I find they're a great starting point. When I need to relive one of our happy Disney moments, I'll scrap a LO, or 5, just to get me in a happy mood! As well, oftentimes my dogs do something crazy that I have to document. Generally my LO's are inspired by the pictures and then I build with the kit, seldom do I find a kit and then take the "perfect" picture to match it. I tend to listen to "happy" music when I
scrap (think Big Band, Sinatra, 
Nat King Cole, or 50's music, sometimes Disney soundtracks too) and this helps me keep going for hours!

4.  Do you look for certain things in a kit when purchasing (color, elements, alphas)?
When purchasing a kit I generally first look at the theme and see if it's something I think I can use, then I go to colors and from there elements. I prefer kits with alphas, but I've got quite the alpha collection so I
generally can find what I want in my stash if need be! I also like to have a lot of paper options. My LO's tend to resemble paper LO's and I always have used lots of paper and cardstock since they are so versatile and cost
effective! 

5.  Share with us some of your favorite layouts:














6.  What is your favorite Jennifer Fox product?  I really like Cuppycakes.  Unfortunately I don't have any great birthday pics to use it with right now, I may have to black and white some of my old pics from when I was little just so I can use it. The kit is so fun! I need to get the pics off my SD card of my nephew and scrap some pages using her Lil' Dude collab. That kit is great for little boy pics!

Thanks so much to October for being in the Spotlight this Sunday!  

1 comments:

Katharyn Brine April 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

Great to meet you October - I'm loving that name! You've got a superb favourites gallery!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

As a creative team member for several digital scrapbook designers, I have received their products for free in return for creating and posting projects (digital layouts, hybrids projects, etc). Many of the layouts you see here were done in conjunction with requirements for these creative teams. Please be advised that the products used were indeed received for free.
The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Best Scrapbooking Sites, Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Supplies, Reviews, Awards
List of the Best Digital Scrapbooking Websites by Scrapbook MAX!SCRAPBOOKING TOP 500 The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Free Digital Scrapbooking

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP