Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hang Stuff Proudly...

Jackie here with today's edition of Hybrid Humpday! Are you one of those people (like me) that could use a couple of colorful, fun, and new magnets on your fridge? Or do you know someone else who could use some magnets? Well, you are in luck! Today I'm going to show you how to make these clothespin magnets.

I used Jennifer's newest and cutest kit called 'My Birthday Boy:'


First off, I opened a new, blank 8.5" by 11" document in my photo-editing software (PSE 7) because this is what I'll be scrapping on and then printing off. I then measured the clothespins width wise and length wise and then entered that measurement into the crop tool on PSE so it would be exact.



Next, I opened each paper from the kit that I wanted to use and cropped it. Then I took each cut paper and dragged it over to my 8.5" by 11" workspace.

I then burned the edges of each of the strips so it would have a bit of a worn look to it. The burn tool is the hand tool with the arrow pointed to it. Then I adjusted the presets above (in the circled area) to what look I wanted. You can see that each of the strips of paper has a darker look to it and that's the look I wanted for this project.

Next, I printed it off and got all my supplies around (clothespins, scissors, mod podge, brush, adhesive tape, magnet, and paper cutter):

Then I cut out the paper strips with my paper cutter and put the adhesive tape on.

Now for the really fun part - taking the Mod Podge and brushing it on each of the clothespins and adhering the paper strips. I actually put on two coats of Mod Podge, letting it dry about 15-20 minutes in between coats.

After they are dry, it's time to cut the magnet strip and adhere to the clothespins. The magnet strip I got from Michael's wasn't the exact width of the clothespins, so I had to cut it to the right size.

Voila! Clothespin magnets that are stylish, brand new, and will look GREAT on your refrigerator!

2 comments:

CraftCrave April 7, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [07 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Unknown April 8, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

Cute! These turned out so fun -

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

As a creative team member for several digital scrapbook designers, I have received their products for free in return for creating and posting projects (digital layouts, hybrids projects, etc). Many of the layouts you see here were done in conjunction with requirements for these creative teams. Please be advised that the products used were indeed received for free.
The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Best Scrapbooking Sites, Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Supplies, Reviews, Awards
List of the Best Digital Scrapbooking Websites by Scrapbook MAX!SCRAPBOOKING TOP 500 The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Free Digital Scrapbooking

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP