Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hybrid Humpday--Spring Wreath

Ramona the Pest here to share with you all my latest hybrid project! I am even including step by step instructions, so you can all whip this up! With the snow finally melting and my trees and rosebushes starting to bloom with little leaves, I wanted to celebrate with something on my door! I love my Christmas wreath, but well, that doesn't exactly work in April! I spent several weeks looking for something fun and bright and not too expensive! With all the other of life expenses, I couldn't justify $40 dollars for a decoration! Then I came up with this fun idea, and used one of my fave's of Jenn's kits to help me out! It was just perfect!


Isn't this kit just darling! You can use any kit you like, and Jenn has lots of darling ones in her shop! Just click on the preview above to pick up this kit!

Next, I opened up a 12x18 transparent screen in photoshop. I have a place that I print at that size, but you can open up any size that you'll be able to print.


I put on all the elements, I wanted to work with. I loved her little word tags and she has some amazing flowers in this kit that I knew I wanted to print and cut out. You can do one page of elements at this size or do a smaller sheet and do two, just depending on how many you want!

Then, I opened up one more screen at the same size and this time I pulled paper on. I wanted to use my circle and heart punch to cut coordinating shapes. I made the papers smaller (1800 pixels by 1800 pixels) so I could fit more on and have more variation.


I sent these off for printing. I printed them on cardstock. Once I got them back, I cut out everything on the first sheet and then used my punches to make some circles and hearts with the patterned papers. I also bought 4 things of ribbon that coordinated with the colors and a large grape vine wreath. These items cost me $15.00 total, and I spent $2.00 on the printing, so not a bad price for a wreath!

Once, I had everything cut, I punched a hole in everything and attached it to the wreath with the ribbons. I also tied plain ribbon in parts to give it a little more fullness. Here is my final project!



And a really close up view:


I love how this turned out and everytime I leave my house or come home, it just makes me smile! I hope you all try this project, and I'd love to see what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

As a creative team member for several digital scrapbook designers, I have received their products for free in return for creating and posting projects (digital layouts, hybrids projects, etc). Many of the layouts you see here were done in conjunction with requirements for these creative teams. Please be advised that the products used were indeed received for free.
The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Best Scrapbooking Sites, Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Supplies, Reviews, Awards
List of the Best Digital Scrapbooking Websites by Scrapbook MAX!SCRAPBOOKING TOP 500 The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Free Digital Scrapbooking

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP