Hello! Are there any fall lovers out there like myself? Tara here with some yummy and warm ideas for dinner. I always look forward to this time of the year. I love autumn and all that it brings...cooler weather, football, sweaters, Halloween, Thanksgiving, ect. I also love all the recipes in the fall. There is nothing better than a warm meal on a cool day! I have a couple of favorites to share with you today.
1 lb. hamburger meat
1 onion, chopped
1 can tomato sauce
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can Rotel
1 can Ranch Style beans
1 can chili
1 package of Taco Seasoning
- Saute' onion in a tbsp of olive oil in skillet. Add hamburger meat. Cook until all browned. Pour meat mixture in stock pot.
- Add all the other ingredients, stir well. Cook on medium heat until heated through out.
- I serve my soup on crushed saltine crackers and add shredded cheddar cheese on top. Some use tortilla chips instead of the crackers and even add a little sour cream on top. It is up to you. :) Very yummy and easy soup to make.
Another fall favorite in my family....
Chicken Pot Pie
1 package (10 oz) frozen peas and carrots (I get the mixed veggies with corn and green beans in it also)
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
3 cups cut up cooked chicken or turkey (I get a rotisserie chicken and take off of bone)
1 package of refrigerated pie crust (2 crust included)
- Heat oven to 425.
- Rinse frozen veggies in cold water to separate and drain.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour, onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly. Stir in broth and milk. Heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Let boil for 1 minute. Stir in chicken and veggies. Remove from heat.
- In a pie dish, line with a pie crust. Pour in mixture. Cover with second crust. Press along the edges to "seal" in all the mixture. Cut a few slits in crust to "vent" while cooking. (Sometimes I use a cookie cutter on the 2nd crust before I place on the pie to cut something out of the middle. I have done everything from a star to a dinosaur! It makes my son more excited to eat it!)
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.