Hi everyone. Kiki here with a Meals in Minutes recipe for you from the Food Network Magazine that I have just fallen in love with.
It's so easy to make - all you need is a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and a few staples and you've got a delicious meal for the family.
Spiced Couscous and Chicken
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup couscous, preferably whole wheat
- 2 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts only, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
- Greek yogurt and/or harissa or other hot sauce, for topping
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the almonds, raisins, scallions and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Cook, stirring, until the nuts are toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cilantro.
Divide the couscous and chicken among bowls. Top with the carrots and more of the cooking liquid. Sprinkle with the almond mixture and more cilantro. Top with yogurt and/or harissa.
I've changed this up a few times by using cashews instead of almonds and adding some red chili flakes for more of a Thai flare. I hope you enjoy this recipe