Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mini Notebooks How To

Hey everyone, Sarah here. A couple of weeks ago I came across this cute mini notebook project on the SC Johnson blog and I thought it would be an awesome project to do with some cute digi scrapping papers. I chose to use Jennifer's collab with Meg Mullins, Oh So Studious.

First I grabbed a few boxes from the recycling bin.



Then I cut out 2"x4" pieces with my paper trimmer (each of these boxes give you six pieces).


I printed out a couple of sheets of the gorgeous papers from the kits. I made each paper 2.5"x4.5" so I didn't have to worry about lining up the paper and the cardboard exactly. I was able to fit 6 pieces of paper on one 8.5"x11" sheet of paper (lovely coincidence don't you think?). I used HP Matte Presentation Paper for the papers.


Here's my pile of paper and cardboard for the covers. Notice that I didn't trim my papers perfectly.


I used a heavy duty glue stick to adhere the paper to the cardboard (I originally tried my Xyron Cheetah but the glue didn't stick to the shiny surface of the cardboard).


I then turned it over and used my scissors to trim around the cardboard.


And voila...one mini notebook cover!


Next I cut four 2"x4" pieces of plain copy paper to use as the pages of the book. I then used the scoring blade on my trimmer to score both the cover and the pages down the center (I did the stack of papers all at one time so they would fold together easily.


The rest of the steps are exactly like the ones on the SC Johnson blog, I used a stapler and put a staple at the top and bottom of each spine.


Here are my first six books. They don't want to close very well.


So I rubber banded them up just like in the instructions and put some pencils in there.

I totally plan on having a box of these sitting on my side table. I think they are so cute, and I love that just by changing up the papers you can totally make it work with any theme!

1 comments:

grambie September 9, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

What a fun project, and the end results are the so cute and useful. I am strictly digital scrapping, but definitely enjoy viewing your hybrid projects. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

As a creative team member for several digital scrapbook designers, I have received their products for free in return for creating and posting projects (digital layouts, hybrids projects, etc). Many of the layouts you see here were done in conjunction with requirements for these creative teams. Please be advised that the products used were indeed received for free.
The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Best Scrapbooking Sites, Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Supplies, Reviews, Awards
List of the Best Digital Scrapbooking Websites by Scrapbook MAX!SCRAPBOOKING TOP 500 The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Free Digital Scrapbooking

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP