Hello readers, Kara here with today's tidbit.How many of you out there have heard about Cystic Fibrosis? Okay, how many of you really know what CF is? Sadly CF is not a disease a lot of people know about, and today I want to share my story, and share with you all what CF is. I am living with this deadly disease daily, and the past 6 years I have had numerous surgeries, many close calls, and not only has it taken a toll on my health in general, it has taken a toll on my marriage, and my role as a mother. The information I will be giving you is all from the webiste www.cff.org (Cystic Fibrosis Foundation) I kindly ask you to take the time and read about CF, spread the word, I would like to get this disease more national attention.
- Very salty-tasting skin
- Persistent coughing at times producing phlegm
- Frequent lung infections, like pneumonia or bronchitis
- Wheezing or shortness of breath
- Poor growth/weight gain in spite of a good appetite
- Frequent greasy, bulky stools or difficulty in bowel movements
- Small, fleshy growths in the nose called nasal polyps
There is no way to accurately predict how long a person with cystic fibrosis will live, as many different factors affect a person’s health. Severity of disease and time of diagnosis are two such factors. Many people have a mild case of CF, while others can have moderate or severe cases.