Sunday, February 27, 2011

Scissors Sunday

It's Scissors Sunday once again and I'm going to share with you a quick and easy way to make a hybrid card.

You don't always have to cut out each individual layer of paper. Over time I've found that when I cut out each individual layer and added it to the card base, I couldn't even tell that the paper was separate layers instead of one layer with drop shadows. In order to save time and ink, often I will just add a drop shadow with a distance of 0 or 1, and a spread % of 7-10 and a size % of 7-10. I move the sliders up and down to achieve the look I want, which is a very subtle shadow that goes around all edges, as that's how a paper shadow looks on a real printed card.

I added a few layers of paper to the canvas and applied the same drop shadow style. I moved the whole card over along with four of the adorable flowers. My plan was to use only one flower, but sometimes inspiration strikes when I'm cutting and gluing, and I like to have extra pieces to work with if necessary.



I ended up sticking with my original plan of only using one flower. I cut it out and attached it to the card using a 3-D foam adhesive. Then I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment using my Words2Color stamps by The {Stamps} of Life. Then I added some flat-backed adhesive pearls to some pink buttons and attached those on the side of the sentiment.



Using this method allows me to conserve paper and ink while providing a nice layered paper look on my card! Give it a try and then come back and share your gallery link!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

As a creative team member for several digital scrapbook designers, I have received their products for free in return for creating and posting projects (digital layouts, hybrids projects, etc). Many of the layouts you see here were done in conjunction with requirements for these creative teams. Please be advised that the products used were indeed received for free.
The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Best Scrapbooking Sites, Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Supplies, Reviews, Awards
List of the Best Digital Scrapbooking Websites by Scrapbook MAX!SCRAPBOOKING TOP 500 The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Free Digital Scrapbooking

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP