Have you ever come across a recipe that you thought you'd make just to try it but ended up loving it sooooo much you tell everyone about it? That's exactly what happened with this Cheesy Chicken 'N' Shells recipe that I got off the Cooking for Two section of Taste of Home's website. I was in a rush one night and it looked easy enough, so I printed it and made it - instant hit. My husband is constantly asking for it since we had it, and I can't wait to have it again! It's a recipe designed for 2-4, but you could easily double/triple the quantities if you need to serve more. It looked like a lot, but it was so nummy we gobbled it right up lol.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the soup, cheese and seasonings. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; place in a bowl. Stir in soup mixture and chicken. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2-4 servings.