Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hybrid humpday!

Hi all, Donna here for this week's hybrid humpday...
Would like to share this recent project I made using Jennifer Fox Designs'
IN MY LIFE (a collab with The Design Girl)

To start with, I chose this template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff available at The Digichick as well.
Follow the instructions on how to use the template.
I like to maximize the space whenever I print, so I squeeze in as many elements as possible...

 as you can see here, there were elements that I will not be using later on coz when I cut them out I didn't quite liked how it looked while I was assembling the box :D

To continue.... once you have cut them all up.. time to layer the flowers
Instead of using the biggest flower (the pink one), I just used green flower in it's center...
don't worry about cutting it perfectly, doesn't matter in my opinion..
as long as it resembles a flower afterwards :D
then build your flower by layering them up...accent with a button or brad...
Since the box I used doesn't have a handle...I made this instead....
3 pcs of 6 inches twine..notice the masking tape at one end?
I like to tape it temporarily so the twine stays in place while....
I am braiding...

 insert the braided twine as seen in the image..
Finish assembling your box...


Hope you liked it!
Thanks and happy crafting! :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

As a creative team member for several digital scrapbook designers, I have received their products for free in return for creating and posting projects (digital layouts, hybrids projects, etc). Many of the layouts you see here were done in conjunction with requirements for these creative teams. Please be advised that the products used were indeed received for free.
The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Best Scrapbooking Sites, Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Supplies, Reviews, Awards
List of the Best Digital Scrapbooking Websites by Scrapbook MAX!SCRAPBOOKING TOP 500 The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Free Digital Scrapbooking

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP