Monday, February 15, 2010

Manic Monday...

When I (Leila) woke up this morning, I realized that my time in which to accomplish my usual Monday tasks had been cut in half. I have lunch plans with a good friend today, so I won't be home to do what I usually do; including dinner prep for the week. (Yes, the week!) So what's a busy mom to do in a situation like this?? Pull out the slow cooker of course!

So today's 'quick' meal is called Butter Beef. I stumbled upon it several years ago while searching for an alternative to your basic pot roast. You see, pot roast intimidates me. I know, I know; it's really not that hard. As a matter of fact, it might even be easier than my Butter Beef. For me though, you might as well make me do calculus. ;) Anyway, the butter beef. The recipe is deceptively simple. The result is fabulous! So without further ado, I give you:

SLOW COOKER BUTTER BEEF

Ingredients:

2-3lbs stew beef (or a chuck roast cut into 1½"-2" cubes)
¼ cup butter; cut into small pieces (This ingredient is optional.)
1 packet onion soup mix
1 can (15oz) beef broth
baby carrots

Directions:

1. Season beef liberally with salt, pepper or prepared steak seasoning (I use Montreal Steak Seasoning from McCormick).

2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the beef until just a little color is on the meat. This step is OPTIONAL. I find it makes the dish even better when I do brown the meat though.

3. In slow cooker, place a layer of baby carrots and a couple of the butter chunks on the bottom. Layer some of the meat over the carrots and repeat as needed.

4. Add in onion soup mix and beef broth. Cover and cook on high 2-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours. (My cooker cooks hot, so low for 3 hours is pretty much perfect.)

We server this over egg noodles and with a good crusty bread. Even Devin, my super picky punk, eats this one!

Enjoy everyone!

2 comments:

Jennifer February 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

Yum!!! I want this tonight! :)

Ramona February 15, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

Yummy recipe! I wonder what a good substitute for the onion soup mix would be, though, since we have to eat gluten free. I'll have to think on that, because I love how easy this looks! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

As a creative team member for several digital scrapbook designers, I have received their products for free in return for creating and posting projects (digital layouts, hybrids projects, etc). Many of the layouts you see here were done in conjunction with requirements for these creative teams. Please be advised that the products used were indeed received for free.
The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Best Scrapbooking Sites, Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Supplies, Reviews, Awards
List of the Best Digital Scrapbooking Websites by Scrapbook MAX!SCRAPBOOKING TOP 500 The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Free Digital Scrapbooking

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP