Hello everyone! Tara here with a yummy recipe! I am always looking for a great recipe for a sweet treat to take to holiday get togethers. So this really isn't a MEAL in minutes but a TREAT in minutes. I got this recipe from my best friend. She got me addicted to these a few years ago and my waistline hasn't been the same since. SO GOOD! Seriously, people will be raving about it and it is the EASIEST thing ever to make. Are you ready????
Chocolate Toffee Bites:
Saltine (enough to line a 15x10 pan)
1 cup (2sticks) of butter (none of that margarine junk)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2-1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 15x10 pan with foil (a must!) then 1 layer of saltine crackers edge to edge
- butter and sugar in a saucepan and boil for 2 minutes until golden/caramel color (do not let mixture become brown...stir constantly).
- Pour mixture immediately on top of crackers and spread carefully without shifting layer of crackers.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- chocolate chips on top and spread carefully as they melt.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts evenly. (optional)
- Place in refrigerator until cooled.
- Break into pieces.
- Try not to eat entire batch ;)