Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday School! Unsharp Mask

Hi everyone! Erin here with today's Saturday School Tutorial! Today I am going to show you how I save my layouts before uploading to galleries. :) I hope you learn a little something from this!

So after you have merged your layers and resized your layout to 600x600, you will want to go up to Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask. The reason I add the unsharp mask is the quality of the layout is decreased because of the size change (for me I scrap my pages at 3600 - so going down to 600 is quite a change). The unsharp mask will actually sharpen the layout! (I don't really understand why it's called an unsharpened mask but it works! lol)



After you click Unsharp Mask a new window will pop up. It will ask you for your settings. I recommend playing around and seeing what the different numbers do to your layout. The setting I use are: Amount 85%, Radius .3, and Threshold 0. Other scrappers out there may use different numbers so see what your friends use - it doesn't hurt to try a few different settings until you get the look you desire!


Here is my layout without the unsharp mask:


And with the unsharp mask. (subtle changes!)

There you go! Another Saturday School Tutorial! I hope you found it helpful :) For my layout I used Jennifer's new kit Won't You Tell Me Your Name which you can find at The DigiChick! Have a fantastic Saturday!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

As a creative team member for several digital scrapbook designers, I have received their products for free in return for creating and posting projects (digital layouts, hybrids projects, etc). Many of the layouts you see here were done in conjunction with requirements for these creative teams. Please be advised that the products used were indeed received for free.
The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Best Scrapbooking Sites, Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Supplies, Reviews, Awards
List of the Best Digital Scrapbooking Websites by Scrapbook MAX!SCRAPBOOKING TOP 500 The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Free Digital Scrapbooking

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP