Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hybrid humpday: Card with gift card holder

Hi all! Donna here bringing you this week's hybrid project.
I prepared a very simple step by step on how I made a set of cards with gift card holder...
To start with, here are the materials I used:

- photo paper
- cardstock
- digital kit (Take Me Away by Jennifer Fox at TDC)
- digital template (Wave box by Kelleigh Ratzlaff at TDC)
- adhesives (double sided and foam tape)
- ruler
- scissors/trimmer
- brad or button

- journaling pen
- thread/needle (optional)
- corner rounder (optional)
- border puncher (optional)

1. I based the size of my cards to the size of Kelleigh's box template.
Total card measurement is 7cmx12cm. So in one (1) A4-sized paper, I was able to print two pcs. But since my printer has no "Borderless printing" option, the other side was slightly cut off. I just used that part as the holder inside the card. The image below is how the card looks like (one of the two pcs). I also printed various sizes of flowers which I will use for embellishing my cards later on.















2. Score and fold your card.














3. I made a pocket/holder by cutting diagonally (as seen in the images below). I traced it with pencil but it's not that visible in the image :D Adhere the bottom part only.










4. Next is embellishing/designing the front of the card. I simply adhered the flowers (I used foam tapes in the other flowers for dimension). Add any sentiments you want, I used my hand-writing on mine.














5. All together now :D













As you can see in one of the cards, the bottom part is stitched. That's my first option instead of adhering with a double-sided tape... but I couldn't get the thread in the needle (after 30 minutes of trying I stopped lol!). I think it looks much better though, so I recommend you sew the bottom instead ;)















6. Well of course, let's not forget the box I used to store this cutie set of cards
















Hope you liked what I shared today!
Happy crafting! :)

4 comments:

grambie July 14, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

Oh my goodness, your hybrids are so beautiful in their entirerity. Love to read and enjoy your information, albeit I am strictly digital. At the present time, I am unable to do either, but at least I can enjoy your handiwork. Thanks for continuing to share and to care.

Sunghee July 24, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

Beautiful creations!!!

CHINI April 1, 2011 at 3:15 AM  

WWW AAAA HH!!! What a style and color full cards really i like them
plastic vip cards

Waseem November 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM  

What a fun paper you used for it..i might use this when use the design for plastic cards.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

As a creative team member for several digital scrapbook designers, I have received their products for free in return for creating and posting projects (digital layouts, hybrids projects, etc). Many of the layouts you see here were done in conjunction with requirements for these creative teams. Please be advised that the products used were indeed received for free.
The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Best Scrapbooking Sites, Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Supplies, Reviews, Awards
List of the Best Digital Scrapbooking Websites by Scrapbook MAX!SCRAPBOOKING TOP 500 The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Free Digital Scrapbooking

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP