Hi all! Donna here bringing you this week's hybrid project.
I prepared a very simple step by step on how I made a set of cards with gift card holder...
To start with, here are the materials I used:
- photo paper
- digital kit (Take Me Away by Jennifer Fox at TDC)
- digital template (Wave box by Kelleigh Ratzlaff at TDC)
- adhesives (double sided and foam tape)
- brad or button
- journaling pen
- thread/needle (optional)
- corner rounder (optional)
- border puncher (optional)
1. I based the size of my cards to the size of Kelleigh's box template.
Total card measurement is 7cmx12cm. So in one (1) A4-sized paper, I was able to print two pcs. But since my printer has no "Borderless printing" option, the other side was slightly cut off. I just used that part as the holder inside the card. The image below is how the card looks like (one of the two pcs). I also printed various sizes of flowers which I will use for embellishing my cards later on.
2. Score and fold your card.
3. I made a pocket/holder by cutting diagonally (as seen in the images below). I traced it with pencil but it's not that visible in the image :D Adhere the bottom part only.