Monday, July 26, 2010

Meals in Minutes: Overnight chicken casserole

Happy Monday everyone! Trina here with another Monday Meals in Minutes for you. If there's one thing I'm not, it's a great cook. I make food, it's edible, and that's about it. The running joke since I was a teen is that if I'm cooking and the smoke detector goes off, that means supper's ready. Since I have my own little family now, I like trying new recipes, but they don't always turn out. The standing rule with these is that if it looks terrible, it probably tastes pretty good (and if it looks pretty good, it probably tastes pretty terrible! lol).

Here is a recipe I tried recently that didn't look too appetizing when I finished it (and I didn't set the smoke alarm off!), but it was seriously delish, I had made enough for leftovers and we didn't have any because we ate it all up that night.

Overnight Chicken Casserole

2 cups Cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
1 cup Uncooked elbow macaroni (or other small or medium pasta)
1 can Cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz)
1 can Chicken broth (14 oz)
1 tbsp Margarine
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 cup Shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese

Directions:

Spray a 9x9" baking dish with non-stick spray.

Mix all ingredients except cheese in the prepared dish. Cover with plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve-- sprinkle with cheese; bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Serves 4

Notes
Double recipe for 9 X 13" pan.
Add 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables or California blend for a one dish meal

Super easy, right? I think the overnight part is how you can get away with putting uncooked macaroni noodles in it, they expand and soften overnight.

This is how it looked when I pulled it out of the oven - it didn't look too great, but it was really super nummy, I'm putting it on our monthly meal plan!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

As a creative team member for several digital scrapbook designers, I have received their products for free in return for creating and posting projects (digital layouts, hybrids projects, etc). Many of the layouts you see here were done in conjunction with requirements for these creative teams. Please be advised that the products used were indeed received for free.
The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Best Scrapbooking Sites, Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Supplies, Reviews, Awards
List of the Best Digital Scrapbooking Websites by Scrapbook MAX!SCRAPBOOKING TOP 500 The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Free Digital Scrapbooking

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP