Thursday, June 23, 2011

School's Out! Let's Scrap!

School ended here a couple of weeks ago, and I did remember to take my annual end-of-the-year photo of Ry. However, it's taken me this long to decide to scrap it. I don't know why that is...every year I scrap a beginning and end of school photo, but for some reason it was a bit harder to scrap this time.

I ended up going to a couple of my fave kits. I used At The Bus Stop by Lauren Grier and Smarty Pants by Shawna Clingerman and Julie Billingsley. I used a brand new font from Darcy Baldwin called Me and My Shadow Light. It will be available at SSD this weekend. Here's what I ended up doing:



I love to compare the first day with the last day. It's amazing what a difference a school year makes! Here's Ry on his first day of 2nd grade:

Also, since this was such an unusual year with the school switch in November, I thought it would be fun to compare that, too:





My little guy is growing up...I love it and hate it at the same time! As always, you can find my complete layout credits in my gallery at Sweet Shoppe.



Have you scrapped the end of school for your kids? I'd love to see how you're scrapping these milestones. Link me up to your pages here in the comment section and I'll leave you some gallery love. <3



xoxo

2 comments:

Nikki June 23, 2011 at 12:45 PM  

Amazing stuff chickie! Your little guy is getting so big!

Julie June 23, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

Aww what beautiful and special pages. I can't believe how much children can change in just a year. Sigh. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

As a creative team member for several digital scrapbook designers, I have received their products for free in return for creating and posting projects (digital layouts, hybrids projects, etc). Many of the layouts you see here were done in conjunction with requirements for these creative teams. Please be advised that the products used were indeed received for free.
The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Best Scrapbooking Sites, Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbook Supplies, Reviews, Awards
List of the Best Digital Scrapbooking Websites by Scrapbook MAX!SCRAPBOOKING TOP 500 The Daily Scrapper - Topsites Free Digital Scrapbooking

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP